Offensive or Illegal Content
Social media has become a massive platform of communication. Comments, retweets and likes are constantly, and instantly, put on display for friends and possible strangers to see. However, contents that are offensive and illegal are also posted for a variety of reasons.
What is offensive or illegal Content?
The following type of content is classified as offensive or illegal:
- Sexually explicit content
- Images of child sexual abuse
- Footage of real or simulated violence, criminal activity or accidents from video clips, games or films
- Content that advocates the doing of a terrorist act
- Content instructing or promoting crime or violence
- Content promoting racism and hate speech
What can I do to deal with content that is offensive?
- Report the offensive content to the service provider (e.g Facebook)
- Report the content to the page administrator
- Block the account which has been used to post the offensive content
- Talk to someone you trust if you have seen something that has upset you